Friday, December 30, 2011

Weed and Its Effects in Empathy

I’m a huge movie geek. I love the potency of movies to share a tale, offer brilliant visuals, and induce engaging thoughts. I have always savored movies from when I was quite young enjoying shows like Top Gun and Die Hard up to yesterday when I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

As I was watching watching the movie, I couldn’t help but notice I had been fully attached to all of the characters inside the story, even the entirely-imagined main figure, a beautifully-rendered ape called Caesar. As I grow to be increasingly conscious of myself connecting emotionally with such fictional figures, I ponder where it really is originating from.

I’m Reasonable, Not Sentimental… Correct?


After all, a few years ago something like this just wouldn't have taken place. It was not as if I just did not appreciate movies during those times, however I was not experiencing the amount of attachments that I am presently. I would infrequently cry over a movie, but now I sob uncontrollably at the smallest hint of suffering or pain. It's as though I truly sense just what the individual in the movie is feeling.

So why could this be taking place; what is causing these experiences? I would say that movies are definitely of the same quality they were generally speaking a decade ago, and so the variation should just be in my own perceptions. What would have triggered this type of difference? Quite possibly the most likely conclusion I am able to develop would be the introduction of cannabis in my daily life.

The thing is, I’m a bit of an anomaly in that I went 25 years while never consuming weed. My life had been completely determined by rationality and planning. My feelings would rarely reveal themselves, so when they surfaced, I used to be ready to beat them into nothingness with logic.

Not so anymore. Today I observe individuals in news reports suffering and I truly feel their agony while I used to dismiss these individuals. I hear other people's stories of despair, and they've got my sympathy rather than my apathy. War is now an unrivaled devastating plague of humanity that should be averted no matter what and not just my former view that it was a ‘necessary evil.’

Unable to Ignore the Facts

Even though there are several factors that may have led to my shift in viewpoint on a lot of these situations, I cannot ignore the indications that cannabis has performed a vital role. With other individuals also claiming that weed elevated their degree of empathy, it only affirms my belief that this has done the same thing for myself.


Do you want to learn more about both the positive effects of weed and negative effects of weed, or how about the differences between indica vs sativa? Come to The Effects of Weed Network to take an unbiased look and learn more about what it means to vaporize weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment