Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Experience With Weed and The Impact On Anxiety and Panic

The side effects of marijuana have helped me personally with my panic attacks and anxiety, so I would like to discuss just how that's come about. But before I elaborate on that though, I must start with an important disclaimer.

There are numerous analyses indicating marijuana can be a potentially harmful drug for everyone who has a predisposition towards schizophrenia and other psychotic conditions. In the event you fit this particular category, you should take special care and consult with your physician if you're seriously insistent when it comes to consuming cannabis. It is your health in the end, protect it.

And now, here is the tale of my personal battle with anxiety and just how cannabis has essentially helped me to manage this issue.

Practicing To Achieve Perfection

Each individual has an innate ability for several things: math, language, creative thinking, etc. We can continue to improve these capabilities by means of training and application. It's because the mind favors repetition and performing actions multiple times assists us to execute these things again later on.

I realized inside my early twenties the fact that I inherited a strong development of anxiety. I cannot recall some special circumstance or difficulty that would trigger me to endure intense stress and anxiety or a panic disorder, however I currently acknowledge this situation as just a reality regarding myself and exactly how my own brain functions.

Applying this Principle

Occasionally, when using marijuana I experience severe panic and anxiety. This feeling is due to activation in the portion of the brain referred to as the amygdala, the region in the brain connected to these feelings. Combating this anxiousness will be the organizer of rational thought, the prefrontal cortex. This area persuades me through these panicky instances that this experience is a temporary discomfort and it will disappear in time. This idea calms me down and helps me to once again get a hold of myself.

And as I discussed before, with the aid of repetition we tend to become much better at performing. By reiterating this method through the use of cannabis, I have constructed a controlled environment to induce a panic attack. This approach offers me opportunities to apply relaxing myself by my own personal reasoning if my stress and anxiety begins to go rampant. It is a similar concept to exposure therapy, being put in a scenario where an individual must confront their anxieties and fears.

The Outcome

I have noticed that my panic attacks when employing this strategy are becoming much less severe, and I am much faster to put my thoughts back together again. Much more gratifying is that my panic during everyday situations has basically vanished. A large part of the recognition should be attributed to confronting the panic attacks created by consuming cannabis as well as understanding the skill sets needed to cope with them on my own terms.

I do not suggest this will work for everybody, and also I’m not stating everyone should get out there and cause panic and paranoia on themselves as a form of therapy. I’m only presenting my own practical experience, what's grown to be of it, and the reason it has been successful for me. I only hope it allows somebody who views this to find their very own inspiration and answers.


Come to The Effects of Weed Network for additional information regarding the positive effects of weed and harmful effects of weed, a side-by-side look at indica vs sativa, and anything else having to do with marijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment